Care for the Entire Person
Have you heard the term cura personalis? It’s not just another old Latin phrase here at SLU; it’s an expression that forms the core of how we nurture spiritual life in our community.
Message to the SLU Community
Dear members of the SLU community,
Even as we are away from our normal routine and our SLU community, Campus Ministry hopes to continue to be “With you on the Way” - as you carry on with school, work, and family; as you grieve the semester and the lives that are being turned upside down and lost around the world; and as you celebrate those good things in our lives that refuse to be drowned out by pain and loss. Below we have listed some programs to help keep you connected to SLU, to one another, and to our staff. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us individually or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would care to speak to one of us or if a need arises that we can help to meet.
You can sign up here to receive our newsletter. This weekly email includes updates about upcoming programs, events and opportunities through campus ministry.
The application for the 2020 Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice, held November 14-16 in Washington, DC, is open now! Follow this link to apply; contact Jim Roach or Patrick Cousins for more information. Applications are due Monday, May 4.
Join us for one of these weekly events. All times are in Central Time.
- Daily Mass with SLU Jesuits at Manresa Retreat House - 5:15 pm
- Daily Mass with Jean de Brébeuf Jesuit Community - 5 p.m.
- Lectio Divina with small group breakouts, sponsored by Christian Life Communities - 3-4 p.m. Meeting ID: 802-462-430
- Zoom Choir Rehearsal - 6 p.m.
For information, contact Sally Iocca, Choir Director at email@example.com.
- Upper Zoom - 8:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 932-642-2332
- Rosary - 12 p.m.
Meeting ID: 399-341-3359 (no password)
- Zoom CM Clinic with Medical Students - 3 p.m.
Meeting ID: 528 949 906; password: 323527
Contact Campus Minister Christy Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Taste of Ignatius with Fr Joe Laramie - 9-10 p.m.
Reflection, guided meditation, discussion. Bring a snack.
Meeting ID: 458-679-654 (no password)
- WSWJ: Weekly Stroll with Jim Roach posted on www.instagram.com/sluministry at 1 p.m.
Weekly walk with Jim featuring Scripture and reflection.
- Learn to Juggle with Fr. Joe, 4-5 p.m.
Stop by for 10 minutes to learn the basics - no experience needed. Family members welcome.
Supplies: bring three disposable grocery bags and three tennis balls or socks.
Meeting ID: 214-757-137 (no password)
- Interreligious Centering Prayer - 12 p.m.
Brief introduction and 15 minutes of quiet meditation.
Meeting ID: 235 376 896 (no password)
- Mass with Jean de Brébeuf Jesuit Community - 9 a.m.
- Mass with SLU Jesuits at Manresa Retreat Center - 10 a.m.
- Mass with SLU Jesuits at Manresa Retreat Center - 10 a.m.
- Mass with Jean de Brébeuf Jesuit Community - 10 a.m.
- Mass at Saint Francis Xavier College Church - 10:30 a.m.
- Zoom Choir - 8 p.m.
For information contact Sally Iocca, Choir Director at email@example.com.
- Fr. Joe Laramie, S.J. - Wednesdays from 4-5 p.m.
Office hours and one-on-ones.
Meeting ID: 383-830-615 (no password)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an individual time or drop by.
- Virtual Stations of the Cross - Friday, April 3 and Friday, April 10 at noon.
Meeting ID: 491-334-869, Password: 076097
Resources for Prayer in this Time of Pandemic
Below you will find a number of resources for prayer in this time of pandemic. Please join us in Campus Ministry in finding those ways that you connect with your spiritual life during this time. If you are looking for individual conversation with a Campus Minister, please feel free to email staff directly or email@example.com and we will set up a time with you.
- Online Masses and Prayer Resources from the Central and Southern Province of the Society of Jesus
- Pray as You Stay
- A Coronavirus Prayer
- Examen for Life During Covid-19
- Pope Francis’ prayer to Mary during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- A Meditation for the Anxious During Covid-19
- ISN Lent resource
- ISN Coronavirus webpage
- USCCB COVID-19 prayers and resources
- Xavier University - Prayers During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Discernment in the Cave - An Ignatian Digital Retreat for A Pandemic from the Jesuits
- Ignatian Solidary Network Coronavirus Prayers and Reflections
- Imagine: A Guide to Jesuit Prayer Podcast
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking podcasts with Laura McInerny
- On Being podcasts with Krista Tippett - A Care Package for Uncertain Times
Affiliate Ministry Resources
- Reliant College Ministry
- Crave is collecting donations for boxed lunches to be delivered to healthcare workers at the hospital and offering grocery kits that people can purchase and pick up. More info will be on http://cravestl.org/ soon.
- Canaan Fellowship
Canaan Fellowship is still meeting weekly on Fridays via Zoom at 7:30-9 p.m. for a time of fellowship, Bible study, and sharing. The Chinese church which supports Canaan Fellowship, St. Louis Chinese Christian Church, is also offering Sunday services online. If anyone would like to get connected to the Zoom meetings, they can email the Fellowship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episcopal Campus Ministry/Rockwell House
Episcopal Campus Ministryis holding Wednesday night “Feast” virtually via Zoom, focusing on conversation, Bible study, and night prayer. Instead of creating a Sunday worship service online, the ministry's students elected to join their partner parish for their Sunday morning livestream. The ministry does have a virtual coffee hour on Zoom afterward. Worship via Holy Communion’s Facebook Livestream is at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays with a Virtual Coffee Hour after. For information, see the website or email Rev. Beth Scriven (email@example.com) or Assistant Chaplain Maddy Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UKirk is holding three main programming events throughout the week all via Zoom: Sunday evening worship, Wednesday night Bible Study, and Thursday night game/catch up night. UKirk is also providing regular pastoral office hours. Students can find information on how to connect by reaching out to Rev. Max Hill by phone at 501-940-3864 or email at email@example.com. Find recorded portions of worship and information on how to connect via Facebook, Instagram or their website.
- Chabad Resources
- Washington University Hillel Resources
- Buddhist Prayer